What is an Altimeter?
An altimeter is a device used to measure the height of an object. It detects the change in barometric pressure to help you know where you are. If you are skydiving, an altimeter can tell you when to deploy your parachute. If you are flying a plane, it is critical to a successful take-off and landing.
Altimeter Consulting & Management offers an array of high-impact, specialized services and non-profit coaching to improve your organization's efficiency and support strategic initiatives. We measure where you are and guide you to where you want to go.
Leigh A. Reynolds brings a wealth of experience to her profession having served the non-profit arena in an executive capacity for more than two decades. She has a strong network of trusted pro's she can assemble into the team you need for maximum impact.
- While with an event management and consulting company out of New York, Leigh consulted on a variety of events and programs for groups like Hope & Heroes Children's Cancer Fund, the MG Walk for the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation and led the team that helped build the framework and launch the first-ever Autoimmune Walk.
- As the Executive Director of KidneyWise, a wholly owned subsidiary of the PKD Foundation, Leigh launched and managed a new and innovative chronic kidney disease 'true prevention' program from the ground up.
- Serving as the National Director of Special Events at the PKD Foundation, Leigh successfully revamped and led nationwide volunteer engagement initiatives, growing their volunteer lead walk program from $1.2 million to nearly $3 million, and launched their Run for PKD Marathon program.
- As the Vice President of Development for the Mid America Chapter of the National MS Society (NMSS), Leigh managed their successful MS Walk, MS150 Bike Tour and other fundraising events while facilitating extremely large groups of volunteers, ranging from day-of-event to thought leadership volunteers through the board of directors and executive committees.
- She also served as a consultant for the national office of the NMSS, where she specialized in assisting struggling chapters to restructure their programs, realign their systems, and re-engage their constituents in order to position their chapter for success.
Through all of this, Leigh gained significant expertise in
- knowing how to motivate large constituencies to invest their time, talent and treasure in fundraising endeavors
- developing solid strategies that will engage significant numbers of volunteers for a cause
- distilling complex ideas and strategies into simple and actionable steps and effectively communicating them to a diverse group of stakeholders
- helping staff, volunteers and constituents tap into their strengths and apply them toward the cause they hold most dear
Leigh has considerable experience and expertise in the areas of grassroots fundraising, high-level volunteer engagement, organizational strategic planning, and staff and volunteer training.
But don't take her word for it. Here's what some of her colleagues have to say:
David Sobel, Senior Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships, American Red Cross:
"Leigh was my colleague at the National MS Society. She was known throughout the organization as a consummate professional who really knew her business inside and out. With her outgoing personality and great attitude, Leigh was a pleasure to work with and a real asset for the organization. I highly recommend Leigh Reynolds."
Stuart Kimball, Account Representative, Digital Printing:
"I have worked with Leigh for twenty years. She is a very focused, goal oriented person who works great with others. I wish all my clients had the knowledge, drive and personality like Leigh. I have no client I hold in higher regard."
Risa Simon, Founder, TransplantFirst Academy:
"I have known Leigh Reynolds for over 15 years. Without a doubt she is one of the most extraordinary human beings on this planet. Leigh's heart is as big as the sky and her creative think-tank mind is always bubbling over with enthusiastic brilliance. Her down to earth, "tell it like it is" solution-based style consistently leads us all to a better tomorrow. With Leigh, there is never a hidden agenda. Her genuine emotional intelligence, contagious enthusiasm and passionate calling speaks to the heartbeats of those who surround her. She intentionally lives her life on purpose, catching the leaning opportunity in every situation. If you want to seek forward movement - get Leigh involved!"
Leigh earned her degree in Journalism and Strategic Marketing from the University Kansas. She is also an accomplished public speaker and corporate trainer, a singer, a living kidney donor, a community volunteer and – what she is most proud of – a mother of three, the youngest of whom is autistic.