Who We Work With
Specializing in small to mid-sized nonprofits and faith-based organizations, Altimeter's mission is to help you crystallize your vision and set concrete steps in motion to achieve it.
Many consultants do just that - consult - leaving you with a large notebook full of recommendations that you must figure out how to execute. Altimeter becomes a part of the team, not only working with you to find the best path forward, but coaching you on to solid execution.
Some of our clients include:
- Bateman Horne Center - Nationally-recognized clinical expert, Lucinda Bateman, MD established her private medical practice in 2000 to serve the needs of those with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. In 2001 she received a grant to establish the Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research (OFFER), a 501(c)3 nonprofit devoted to these under-served patients. In 2015 they decided to merge the small non-profit and the private medical practice in to one 501c3 with a national footprint. We led their team in crystallizing their mission, establishing a voice for their vision, and continue to execute sound tactics to ensure it is heard.
- Easter Seals Midwest - After a local program delivery organization in Kansas City became an Easter Seals Affiliate, they decided to launch a walk in conjunction with the national Easter Seals walk program, Walk With Me. The local team had access to national support materials but little walk event experience. Altimeter facilitated a 2-day walk training for the local staff and then offered ongoing support throughout the walk season. The training incorporating support materials from Easter Seals' national office, customized best-practices, and local insights to ensure the inaugural event was a success.
- BOMA - Building Owners and Managers Association of Metropolitan Kansas City (BOMA Kansas City) is the trade association for the area's office building industry. Altimeter was brought in to their annual board of directors retreat to deliver a communications workshop. The goal was to help board members better communicate, play to each other's strengths and maximize their strategic planning efforts during the retreat.
- Pleasant Valley Baptist Church - Bringing communication workshops to various small groups, helping them connect with each other more effectively.
- First Baptist Church North Kansas City - Working with the development team to create and manage an effective long-range accelerated giving campaign in order to fuel their plans to reach out and reach others for God in a more tangible, real-life, accessible way.
- Solve ME/CFS Initiative - Altimeter Consulting worked with the Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) - formerly the CFIDS Association of America - to bring synergy to three different prior consultant reports, guiding them through a process to breathe life in to into one executable plan and a cohesive brand. Then after a year of re-branding the organization, led the team through a re-naming of the organization with great success. The Altimeter team worked with SMCI to build their patient and constituent engagement programs with an array of outsourced association management and high-impact specialized services to support their objectives.
- Triality, Inc - An organization that hits close to home - her son's special-needs pre-school - Altimeter assisted them in their development and communication efforts during a time of diminished staff capacity.
In the past Leigh has worked with the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America to develop their national MG Walk Campaign, with the Autoimmune Disease Association to launch their national Autoimmune Walk, Linking Together for a Cure campaign, assisted the Hope & Heroes Walk by creating a Team Engagement plan that dramatically increased participation and fundraising, led efforts to nationally brand and grow the Walk for PKD, more than doubling campaign revenue in her tenure, and more... She can lead her team to do all this and more for your organization.